How to Apply for the Energy Supplement

You don’t have to apply for the Energy Supplement. It is automatically paid to eligible recipients. Below is a list of eligible categories.

  • service pension;
  • age pension paid by DVA;
  • war widow(er)’s pension;
  • Disability Compensation Payment;
  • Military Rehabilitation Compensation Act 2004 (MRCA) wholly dependent partner payment;
  • MRCA special rate disability pension;
  • MRCA permanent impairment payment;
  • a fortnightly Veterans’ Children Education Scheme (VCES) education allowance; or
  • a fortnightly Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme (MRCAETS) education allowance.

However, if you want to change from fortnightly to quarterly payment, or from quarterly back to fortnightly payment, you will need to notify DVA.