What is the difference between a certificate and a determination for ACCS?

In the context of the Australian Government’s Child Care Subsidy (CCS) program, there are two important documents: the Certificate of Entitlement and the Notice of Determination. Here’s an explanation of the difference between these two documents:

  1. Certificate of Entitlement (CoE): The Certificate of Entitlement is issued by Centrelink (now part of Services Australia) and provides you with an estimate of your potential Child Care Subsidy entitlement. It is typically issued based on the information you provide during the online assessment or application process. The CoE outlines the estimated percentage of subsidy you may be eligible for based on your activity level and income information at that time.

The Certificate of Entitlement is not a final determination or guarantee of your subsidy amount. It serves as an initial estimate and allows you to understand your potential entitlement and plan your child care arrangements accordingly.

  1. Notice of Determination (NoD): The Notice of Determination is the official document issued by Centrelink that confirms your actual Child Care Subsidy entitlement. It is calculated based on your verified income and activity information, which is typically assessed at the end of each financial year during the reconciliation process.

The Notice of Determination provides you with the final subsidy amount you are eligible to receive for the relevant financial year. It takes into account the actual income and activity details obtained from various sources, including the Australian Taxation Office (ATO).

The Notice of Determination supersedes the Certificate of Entitlement, and the subsidy amount mentioned in the NoD will be used to determine the subsidy payments you receive for the specified period.

It’s important to review your Notice of Determination each financial year to ensure that your subsidy is calculated accurately based on your verified information.

If you have any specific questions or concerns about your Certificate of Entitlement or Notice of Determination, it’s recommended to contact Centrelink or Services Australia directly for further clarification and guidance based on your individual circumstances.