Healthnicon Nursing College Requirements

In general, the entry requirements for tertiary education in South Africa depend on the institution, program, and level of study. Some typical requirements may include:

  • National Senior Certificate (NSC) or equivalent with a minimum pass rate of 50-60%
  • Specific subject requirements for the program of study, such as mathematics or physical sciences for science and engineering programs
  • Proficiency in English language, demonstrated through a minimum score on standardized English language tests like TOEFL or IELTS
  • Completion of a specific preparatory program or bridging course, if required

Below are some requirements specific to Healthnicon’s programmes.

Academic requirements

  • Grade 11 / 12
  • Currently registered with SANC as an Enrolled Nurse
  • Community Health Worker/Home Based Care Certificate
  • Computer Literacy (NQF Level 3/ grade 11)

Required documentation

  • 2 certified copies of Identity Document (ID)
  • 2 certified copies of Senior Certificate
  • 2 certified copies of marriage certificate (if applicable)
  • 2 ID photos            
  • Proof of residence
  • Previous Nursing Certification (if applicable)
  • Proof of medical aid membership (if applicable)
  • Police clearance certificate

Additional requirements for foreign students

  • 2 certified copies of highest School Qualification
  • 2 certified copies SAQA certificate
  • 2 certified copies Study permit
  • 2 certified copies of Passport copies 

You may want to note the following.

  • ABET level 4 qualification is equivalent to Grade 9 and can’t be used to apply for the Community Health Worker programme. You will need a minimum of Grade 11 (NQF level 3) to be eligible
  • Although you will be able to pursue the Community Health Worker programme with Grade 11 (NQF level 3), you will not be able to advance to the Auxiliary programme (NQF level 5). You may take other short courses to enrich your skills as a Community Health Worker
  • With NQF level 4 which is equivalent to grade 12 (matric), you can complete the Community Health Worker course as well as the formal nursing courses

It’s a good idea to check directly with the college’s admissions office for the most accurate and current information on entry requirements for their programs. Do this by getting in touch with the institution’s representatives using their contact details such as: Telephone contacts, email, physical address or website address.